I love the beautiful simplicity of this photo. It isn’t mine, it isn’t us. There is something so beautiful about clasped hands, held together, skin-tight, love all that will fit in the between. After yesterday’s post, I wanted to take a little time before posted something far less significant. At the same time, however, looking over my list really allowed me the opportunity to be intentional about the 30 days still to loom ahead, within the month…
- decorate for Autumn
- more candlelit evenings
- donate 31 things to charity
- make candied apples
- make my Grandmother’s apple butter
- paper crafting projects
- pull out the knitting needles
- experiment more with essential oils and ways to help others with them
- spend time with my BFF, for the almost-week she’s visiting
- apple picking and making memories
- welcome my husband home and connect with him in all of the ways, before life takes us on legs of our own journeys again
- speaking of journeys- fly to Seattle to spend time loving on my beautiful little granddaughter
- dates with my mom
- actively displaying gratitude and support to the staff in the nursing home
- reaching out to connect with other women in life affirming ways
- (finally) meet with personal trainer
- stick to a schedule for writing, and progress.
- continued work with my chiropractor and kinesiology
- hot baths, yoga and self-care
- American Made. (dying to see this movie, even though I know it was technically as September release.)
- The Mountain Between Us
- Goodbye Christopher Robin
- Reread Alice in Wonderland
- Braving the Wilderness
What about you? What are you looking forward to, in these growing and cooling evenings? What things do you look forward to the most? Life is hard and heavy, but we still have the responsibility to love the lives we’re living and try to breathe life and beautiful in the brutal… Some days that may be all we’ve got.
2 thoughts on “Octobers are my favorite…”
I love the smell and feel of autumn. We actually just saw american made and it was pretty good.
Me too!!!! I can’t wait to see it!