Don’t get me started on the frustrations I’m feeling, church wise right now. All I’ll say, at this moment, is that operation vow renewal has hit a big bump. A bump known as hundreds of dollars. For what, you ask?
The church I was proposed to in.
The church that we were married in.
The church we were members in, for years.
The church where our marriage fell apart.
The very church that we returned to, and placed membership in, more out of devotion than actual desire…
$100 to book it. $80 for the first hour, $40 each additional hour and this includes the time it takes to set up. I very kindly responded, and was pretty much told “if things turn around for you financially- give us a call.”
The more Chw and I’ve thought about it today, the more we’ve decided not to do that. Even if things somehow “turned around financially.”
So… Creatively we now need a place, too. We have a couple of beautiful options- assuming the weather holds out. I’d imagined this classic little cocktail party-like reception that isn’t likely to blossom into fruition now, and that’s ok. We remain upbeat (except this headache) and optimistic. We need to find a place, asap… And pretty much reformat every idea we’d already had. But we’re excited…