To move to…
Early on, in 2016, I created a spotify playlist entitled To Move To… As anyone who knows me knows, I am one of the worst “namers” in the history of naming things. To me, at the time, it seemed a clever way to label my workout list. As the year progressed however, this playlist morphed into my motivation for many areas, not just fitness. It is pretty amazing that this long-ago list worked it’s way into birthing the only word which made any sense at all, for this year.
It is a powerful word. It means a vast degree of many things. It reaches into every area of my life, from health and fitness, to writing, to education, to parenting and marriage. MOVE. Stagnancy kills. MOVE. Even if it’s a step in the wrong direction, it is better than nothing at all. MOVE. Move. move…
My word for this glorious fresh and unwritten year is move.
This isn’t my image. It belongs to Vimeo actually. When I saw it though, I knew it fit my vision for this year, my heart for this year, in a thousand different little ways. Move. To move in such a way that the place where my feet were is left better after my time there…
I do not do resolutions. I commit to goals. Typically, but not always, these goals stem from my word. With a word as huge as this year’s, I don’t think there is a goal that would not apply, somehow.
- To read two books (minimum) per month.
- To learn one new thing, every month.
- To complete my passion project More.
- To complete and self/indie publish my novel.
- To lose those 50 last pounds I need to lose.
- To literally move to a more conducive home for the next phase of my life.
- To expand my freelancing/writing income.
- To enjoy my family intentionally, in simple and life affirming ways.
- To visit somewhere I have never been before.
- Find my writer’s tribe and flourish within it.
Where are you seeing yourself, this year?