My little Christmas Meme Distraction…
I snagged this from Stuff Parents Need. I needed a happy little distraction! :)
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hmm… The holiday season isn’t complete without either of them, but quite honestly I’m not a huge fan of either. I have a few SMALL juice glasses of Nog, over the season, and a few SMALL mugs of Williams Sonoma hot chocolate. I prefer the champagnes and wines of the season, honestly…
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa? Just kidding… but yeah, we don’t do Santa. We open gifts on Christmas Eve, after dinner. We take our time, taking turns and really just enjoying the time together. Christmas morning results in a stocking and the “big” gift and then heading, pajama clad, to my sisters for a very early breakfast and gift exchange. At noon we go to my husband’s parents house for another gift exchange, Christmas dinner and then my mother in law’s birthday celebration…
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? We typically have colored lights on our house, though this year we have none. This is my first year with a pretty/themed tree. We have white lights and white, silver and gray ornaments. Genny has a tree upstairs though, with colored lights and all of our family ornaments.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but we have a kissing ball.
5. When do you put your decorations up? I try to decorate just after Thanksgiving but we’ve only really done a tree and some pine garland this year, and we just barely got it done. Most of our decor is still packed.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? IBaked caramel french toast on Christmas morning. Yum!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Playing “Santa’s elf” by helping my grandfather pass out gifts to family.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don’t remember really. I remember asking once, and being told he was real. I do remember feeling really lied to when I found out he wasn’t.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We open most of them. If they came in the mail, from friends or family and our gifts to each other (except for stockings and the “big” gift).
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Every year, before, we bought ornaments for each other that somehow tied into the year. We would hang them all, along with family ornaments. This year though, we went different. After last Christmas I just really wanted a kid tree, and a pretty one.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I LOVE to watch it snow, outside my window. I love playing in it. I love skiing. I love blankets and fields of deep, untouched snow. The end. I hate, hate, HATE driving in it.
12. Do you remember your favorite gift? A puppy, when I was 11.
13. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? I am a gift giver. I LOVE giving gifts so typically I get pretty wrapped up in it. This year has been the exception.
14. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I love advent. I love baking cookies. I love spending time with friends. I love the lights of the tree. I love our Christmas Eve tradition, and family time on Christmas Day… I am pretty much a big fan of Christmas.
15. What tops your tree? We have a star.
16. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I love the giving. I love it so much that I don’t usually care if I recieve anything at all. I just love the buying, making and wrapping of them. I love prettily packaged presents…
17. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? really like candy cane ice cream… does that count?
18. Favorite Christmas Show? I love the Muppet christmas carol, Miracle on 34th st, etc… as a family. When kids aren’t present, than Love Actually, hands down!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? My absolute favorite is Oh Holy Night.