I am taking part in a fall themed blog carnival and, in doing so, have been instructed to post our menu for Thanksgiving as well as a recipe from the list…
– Citrus and Thyme Roasted Turkey (free range, organic)
– Honey and brown sugar glazed Ham
– Cornbread, Cherry and Hazelnut stuffing with Sausage
– Orange Asparagus
– Home made Apricot and Cranberry sauce
– Garlic infused mashed potatoes
– Baked Sugar Yams with Pecans
– Baked Pineapple
– Whole Wheat Dinner knots
– Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake
– White chocolate cups with berries and caramel sauce
– White chocolate mousse with Raspberry Glaze
· 4 pounds yams
· 2 eggs
· 1/4 cup brown sugar
· 2 tablespoons butter, melted
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
· 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
· 6 ounces pecan halves
· 1/3 cup brown sugar
· 1/4 cup melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Poke yams in several places with a fork, then cook them on high power in microwave oven until heated through and soft, about 20 minutes. (or bake for 1.5 hours) When cooled, remove skins and place the yams in a large bowl.
3. Beat yams until smooth. Then beat in one egg at a time, blending after each addition. Stir in 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/8 cup melted butter, salt, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg; beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Transfer mixture to an non-greased 3 quart casserole dish. Mix chopped nuts, Brown Sugar and butter together and sprinkle on top.
5. Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until slightly bubbly.